8 Week Wedding Plan For Couples
by Niamh Hester – Wedding and Events Sales Executive at the Clayton Hotel Cork City
- Organise both hen and stag parties. This will probably be your last big night out before the wedding so be sure to plan something you enjoy.
- Ensure you have your pre marriage course complete. Be aware of any legalities especially if you are getting married abroad.
- Make an appointment with your wedding planner to structure a schedule for the day itself.
- Book your wedding tasting with your wedding planner to finalise your menu.
- Sample your wedding cake to ensure it is what you had planned and agreed with your supplier.
- Book your final dress fitting. You may of lost weight coming up to the big day so it is always a good idea to get another dress fitting a month out. This is so adjustments can be made in time.
- Chase your RSVPs. This will be vital for your table plan.
- It’s now time to pull all those small ideas together such as decorations, presents, flowers, bathroom baskets, table plan, etc. Book an appointment with the hotel to drop these off and to discuss where you would like everything on the day.
- Confirm your rooming list with the venue and highlight if you are paying for certain bedrooms or not.
- Release how much hard work you have put in to planning this special day and don’t forget to take the time to enjoy it!